12 EFFECTIVE SKINCARE SECRETS FOR GLOWING SKIN!
Great news; the solutions to clear, healthy and glowing skin are more simple than you’re made to believe. Filters are fab, but great skin is better. Spoiler alert -there is no overnight miracle, all good things take time! Skin is the largest organ of our body. So it needs our utmost care. Below are 12 brilliant Skincare Secrets in order to get the ‘Livalil’ glow that you’ve been dreaming about:
‘Be good to your skin. You’ll wear it for the rest of your life’ – Renee Rouleau
- Don’t ever skip the sunscreen – Most of us know the importance of wearing sunscreen in the summer months to avoid sunburn and damage, but it really should be a year-round preventive health measure. Always wear sunscreen, no matter your skin colour or tone. To prevent sunburn, reduce the risk of skin cancer, and decrease the likelihood of early skin aging, it is essential to find SPF suitable for daily wear.
- Beauty Sleep – Science has confirmed that beauty sleep is indeed a necessity, as every cell in our bodies (including skin cells) use this time to recuperate and regenerate. More specifically, night-time is when fresh, healthy cells rise to the skin’s surface and the damage accumulated over the course of the day is repaired. But without enough shut-eye, the skin has trouble getting its job done.
- H20 baby – Are you getting enough hydration? Crack open a coconut if you must! While plain water is best for staying hydrated, other drinks and foods can help, too. Fruit and vegetable juices, milk, and herbal teas add to the amount of water you get each day. If you have trouble remembering to drink water, drink on a schedule. For example, drink water when you wake up, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and when you go to bed. Or, drink a small glass of water at the beginning of each hour.S Drink water when you go to a restaurant. It will keep you hydrated, and it’s free.
- Consistency -The right routine starts with knowing what kind of skin you have. Then you can know how to better take care of it. A regular Morning and night-time routines can be a hassle if you have a million products in your skincare routine. Personally, I recommend the “Less Is More” Skincare Philosophy. The “less is more” skincare philosophy focuses on using just a few products religiously.
- Wait it out – DON’T ever pop your pimples -It’s SO tempting, but popping or squeezing a pimple won’t necessarily get rid of the problem. Squeezing can push bacteria and pus deeper into the skin, which might cause more swelling and redness. Squeezing also can lead to scabs and might leave you with permanent pits or scars.
- ALWAYS remove make up before hitting the sheets– It is very important to remove makeup before going to bed – it can cause extensive damage to your skin during the night. The skin renews itself while you sleep, and when you leave makeup on, you are preventing that from happening.
- Wash your sheets in order to avoid bacteria build up -If you don’t wash your sheets often enough, all the bacteria can disrupt your skin’s ecosystem. The ‘Good Housekeeping Institute’ says you should wash your sheets -and other bedding-at least once every two weeks. If you have night sweats, or just sweat a lot in general, bump washing up to once a week
- Drink a multi-vitamin – Even a complete diet may not be giving you the nutrients you need, when you need them. That’s where multivitamins come in. For starters, a daily multivitamin can help provide a good foundation for your health.
- Sweat it out – Include regular physical activity and exercise into your routine. By increasing blood flow, exercise helps to nourish skin cells and keep them vital. Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to working cells throughout the body, including the skin. Exercise will also help to decrease stress.
- Collagen – EEEK (This is one of my favourite skincare secrets)! Adding a collagen supplement to your daily regimen is suggested for optimal health and functioning. What you might not know about collagen is that it has powerful health benefits far beyond its beauty-boosting abilities. Because of this, it has made its way onto the shelves of health food stores and into food products such as protein bars, tea, and even coffee.
- Makeup detox –I loooove make up. But on your day off – give your face a make-up free day by giving the skin some time to breathe. How to strike the mean between these two in order to enjoy the best of both worlds? Well, a make-up and beauty detox is your answer. With all the contouring, strobing and dusting, the first thing that happens is our skin pores get clogged. My suggestion? The 5:2 make-up detox routine. It is basically going two days a week absolutely make-up free. It is a comfortable way to ease into a make-up detox routine, since it does not require you to go completely make-up free for more than a week. Going make-up free helps promote skin cell turnover, which results in faster formation of new cells. Allowing healthy skin cells to regenerate results in a youthful, glowing complexion and reduces the risk of fine lines.
- Nutrition is key– The more wholesome natural foods you eat, the clearer your skin will be. Eat fresh fruits, greens, sufficient protein and vitamins. A diet rich in vitamin C and low in fats and sugar promotes radiant skin. P.S Portion control, eat less.
Skincare is supposed to be fun, so don’t let yourself get stressed out by all the beauty noise. Don’t buy into quick fix solutions. Consistency is key in these skincare secrets.
Finally, OWN your skin. Stop knit picking, focus on the best things about yourself and let your inner beauty shine. Accept and honour your skin type. Complete the look with a smile 😉 Keeping a smile on your face will help maintain the tone of your facial muscles and skin.
Share this with your friends and loved ones who might appreciate these skincare secrets and who want to Livalil!
Zahra D (@Livalilbyzahrad)